This training course has been designed for learners to understand more about confined space safe work practices, applicable control measures and compliance of regulation 632/05 of the Province of Ontario, Canadian regulations and industry standards CSA Z1006 in regards to work in confined spaces.
Confined Space Entry / Attendant
- Ontario (632/05) & Federal (SOR 86-304.11) regulations
- Properly identifying confined space
- Coordination, Entry & rescue plans
- Hazard assessment & control measures
- Physical & Atmospheric hazards
- Oxygen levels, hydrogen sulphide, carbon monoxide & combustible gases
- TWA, STEL, IDHL concepts
- Gas Detection: Fresh air zero, bump test & calibration
- Ventilation and air changes
- PPE & equipment inspection
- Role & responsibilities: Entrant, Attendant & Rescuers
- Record keeping
Is this course for me?
This course is applicable for anyone whose work necessitates them to enter or supervise a worker entering a confined space, including employees, managers and supervisors. The course is designed as an introduction to work in confined spaces and therefore no pre-requisite training is needed.