Too often, workers are exposed to unnecessary hazards due to poor work practices in confined spaces, either because they are unfamiliar with the dangers, are ill-trained, or have access to improper or obsolete safety equipment.
Confined Space Entry / Attendant
This course has been designed for learners to understand more about confined space safe work practices, including hazards management and compliance with regulation 632/05 of the Province of Ontario, Federal regulation SOR 86-304, and industry standards CSA Z1006 regarding work in confined spaces.
- 632/05 Ontario & SOR 86-304.11 Canadian federal regulations
- Properly identifying confined space
- Coordination, Entry & Rescue plans
- Hazard assessment & Control measures
- Physical & Atmospheric hazards
- Oxygen levels, Hydrogen sulphide, Carbon monoxide & Combustible gases
- TWA, STEL & IDHL concepts
- Gas Detection: Fresh air zero, Bump test & Calibration
- Ventilation & Air changes
- PPE & Equipment inspection
- Role & Responsibilities: Entrant, Attendant & Rescuers
- Record keeping