Designed to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to apply immediate first aid inthe event of accident or illness on board a vessel. Participants will gain knowledge of marine first aid equipment, and the transferring of patients from a ship.
Marine Advanced First Aid - Transport Canada Approved
- The Professional Responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergencies
- Circulatory emergencies
- Haemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Head and spinal injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting and extricating patients
- Marine Environment
Is this course for me?
All aspects of course are focused in a marine setting. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008E.
Certification: 3-year Red Cross certification in Marine Advanced
First Aid and a Transport Canada certification. Certificates are issued by Red Cross upon successful completion.
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Reference Text
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care for Professional Responders Workbook (optional not included)